I’ve been asked for unique venues around Seattle for conferences, hack fests, user group meetings, and the like. Here’s venues and types to check out.
Startup standards & smaller
- Capitol Hill Arts Center (CHAC)
- Columbia City Theater
- Coffee shops, especially large ones (Zeitgeist, Top Pot) and those that close early
- Pubs (less than 75, some less than 25): F.X. McRory’s, Collins Pub, Tap House
- Market Theater at Pike Place Market
- Seattle Asian Art Museum (SAAM). A gorgeous venue and and the novelty of the venue is a draw. Killer place for a post-event party. Some parking.
- Seattle Center “Northwest Rooms.” This is the land that the Space Needle is on. I’ve seen events over 250.
- Large theaters: Egyptian Theater (has movie screen), Moore Theater, Paramount Theater, King Cat Theater (mostly concert venues)
- Town Hall Seattle
- Union Station “The Great Hall.” The now-renovated giant Seattle train station in Pioneer Square.
- Community Center at Mercer View on Mercer Island. Seats hundreds, and surprisingly decent bus service. No atmosphere and nothing nearby.
- Other museums: Henry Art Gallery, Museum of History and Industry (MOHAI), Burke Musuem